The Wonder Spice
It has got something to offer for every part of your body
I am talking about Turmeric. It’s such a versatile spice that I strongly feel that just one article cannot do justice. The use of turmeric plants for medicinal purposes dates back to 4000 years. India produces nearly all of the world’s turmeric crop and consumes around 80% of it. Indian Turmeric has been considered the best in the world because of its high content of an essential bioactive component called Curcumin.
If we look at its potential as herbal medication, used to treat a wide array of clinical conditions. Rheumatoid arthritis, conjunctivitis, smallpox, skin cancer, wound healing, urinary tract infection, liver ailments, menstrual abnormalities, loss of appetite, to name a few.
What makes this spice so versatile?
- Antioxidant – this property makes Turmeric inhibit a chemical reaction (oxidation) that produces free radicals and damages the cells, resulting in accelerating the process of aging.
- Anti-inflammatory – helps in reducing pain and inflammation.
- Antimicrobial – fights against many diseases causing agents like bacteria & viruses.
- Anticancer – by being an antioxidant, it also is a potent anticancer agent.
- Protects the liver
- Has Wound healing properties
- Effective against depression
- Digestive stimulant
Imagine something that has so many benefits on the human body, what wonders would it do to our skin!
Therefore, try and include the right amount of it in your daily diet. It’s entirely your wish to add it to milk or make an immune-boosting tea out of it. Also, don’t forget to add some in your DIY face packs.
If you are looking for some extra benefits from Turmeric, then turmeric oil is the answer. It is one of the most important bioactive components that give Turmeric all its medicinal properties.
- So when you are looking for some calming effect on the nervous system, add 4-5 drops of it to boiled milk.
- Add a few drops to your moisturizer or use directly as a spot treatment to maintain blemish-free skin.
- I like to add it to my soups and salads.
Leaving you with my favorite recipe - Turmeric tea
Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of ground, grated or powdered Turmeric along with some freshly grated ginger with 4-5 leaves of holy basil (tulsi) to 2 cups of boiling water. Once the water is reduced to half, strain the tea and wait for 5-7 minutes before adding a drop or two of honey. This concoction not only is immune-boosting but helps to clear acne and blemishes too.
Now no need to search for answers online anymore, We have got you covered! Call us at +91-8448407278 or +91-8826038515 for online consultation with Expert at Meraki and get the solution of all your skin and hair concerns.