Seeking Solution For Hair Fall? Know How!
Well, first of all book an appointment with your dermatologist! Why ? because the cause for each hair fall is different and so is the treatment. But before we go into that detail, lets understand a few general lifestyle modifications which are helpful in every type of hair fall.
- Diet - Half the battle is won if we take care of what, when & how much we eat. Make sure that all your meals include some or the other vitamins & minerals. For Eg. Vitamin D deficiency lowers the healing capacity of the body, so make sure it's within the normal range. For that matter even iron, zinc & selenium are equally important.
Hence include the following in your daily diet.
- - Protein rich food like paneer, tofu, eggs.
- - Green leafy veggies like spinach for Iron, Vitamin A & B.
- - Citrus fruits like Indian gooseberries, oranges etc.
- - Nuts for long, lustrous and voluminous hair.
- - Antioxidants – Include Green tea, pecans, blueberries etc.
- Exercise for good health as well as good hair! We sweat when we exercise, this sweat flushes out the toxins & other waste via pores on the skin & hair follicles. It also increases the blood flow to every organ of the body including the skin & scalp which brings with it more nutrients & oxygen, thus nourishing the hair root & promoting hair growth.
- Sleep – well it’s not directly but indirectly related to one’s hair health. Sleep deprivation (irregular, interrupted sleep) can affect the level of certain hormones in our body. For example, Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is produced when we proceed through normal sleep cycles. Lower levels of HGH can contribute to many health issues including thinning & loss of hair.
Now, once you have modified your life style comes the next step:-
Expert analysis of the type of hair fall.
One might experience this type of hair fall when the body has undergone some sort of mental or physical stress (fevers like malaria, typhoid, dengue etc., depression & anxiety disorders, post pregnancy)
Within this category also fall the famous Male & Female pattern hair loss which are more often than not hereditary.
How to manage this ?
Based upon the type of hair fall you are suffering from, your dermatologist would advise you a combination of treatments.
- Hair supplements
Containing various micronutrients, vitamins, minerals & antioxidants. These are different for any normal supplements as they are formulated to ensure maximum efficacy with minimalistic dosage.
Finasteride & Dutasteride
In androgenetic alopecia, the hair follicles are inherently sensitive to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) – A hormone that is responsible for the development of male characteristics
Testosterone -- 5 alpha reductase --🡪 DHT-- excess of free flowing DHT --🡪 Male- pattern baldness
Both Finasteride & Dutasteride help control this particular enzyme 5 alpha reductase thus controlling the conversion of Testosterone to DHT.
Excess of androgens like testosterone & other ‘male’ hormones can cause increased hair loss in females. Here comes the role of antiandrogens drugs like spironolactone. Ideally prescribed with OCPs in females of reproductive age group.
It forms an integral part of hair fall treatment. It stimulates new hair growth.
Platelet Rich Plasma
This is the most searched for & a trending procedure nowadays, it really deserves all the attention. It's aptly called the “Golden Fluid” as it stimulates new hair growth within a few sessions. It is considered very safe as it is processed from the patient’s own blood, a small volume of plasma is extracted from the blood sample which is rich in growth factors and injected directly into the patient’s scalp.
Now no need to search for answers online anymore, We have got you covered! Call us at +91-8448407278 for online consultation with Expert at Meraki and get the solution of all your skin and hair concerns.