7 Basics of Daily Skin Care Routine
The foundation of good skin care is laid by an efficient skin care routine followed at home. Some key points are essential that one should keep in mind before designing a skin routine for themselves.
Every skin requires a unique skin care to suit its needs. It is thus important to seek expert advice to understand the needs of one’s skin. Dermatologist help to evaluate your skin and design a unique skin care for you. Wrong selection of products, application of multiple products/unnecessary product application lead to problems of acne, pigmentation and skin eruptions. Every individual has a different skin type and needs according to their skin type. Dry, oily, combination and sensitive skin are some of skin types that patients present with. Some basics of skincare are enumerated below. These steps are essential to be included in every individual’s skin care routine. The products that one chooses for the skin has to be suited for the skins need.
- Cleansing: through cleansing of the skin is essential to get rid of the dirt and grease. Choice of the cleanser is based on the skin type of the patient. Mild soap free cleansers are ideal for dry and sensitive skin type. Cleansers have to be PH balanced so that they don’t leave the skin dry and irritated. Oily skin types require stronger cleansers containing glycolic and salicylic acid. These are mild acids that help to unclog the pores and degrease the skin. Cleansing is required to be done twice daily to keep the skin clean.
- Toning: toning is an important step to tighten the open pores and prevent skin aging. Toner is dabbed on a cotton ball and gently applied on the skin. The choice of the toner is dependent on the skin type. Milder chemicals such as rose water suit dry skin type, while alpha and beta hydroxyl acids are for oily and greasy skin.
- Moisturizing: often neglected, this step forms the pillar of one’s skin care. Pollution levels, change in humidity, environmental factors etc. affect the skins hydration levels. All these factors constantly deprive the skin of its moisture levels. Dry and dehydrated skin is prone to allergies and eczemas.
- Sunscreen: use of broad spectrum sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30 is essential for all skin types. UV light damages the skin and causes it to age. Pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkling, sagging, all appear on the skin due to effect of UV light. It is essential to protect the skin from the effects of UV damage. Most important extrinsic factor involved in skin aging is ultraviolet radiation, thus it is important to protect the skin from it. This warranties religious use of sunscreen. The formulation selected depends on the skin type. Gel based formulations are recommended for oily and acne prone skin, lotions and creams suit normal to dry skin type. It is a common myth that sunscreen do not suit oily skin type and can aggravate acne. This however is not true. Selecting the correct formulation to suit the skin type is the key for good UV protection.
- Vitamin C serum: vitamin C is a molecule that has many good properties for the skin. It helps in rejuvenation, pigment lightening, anti-aging, fine line reduction. It can be used both during the day as well as night time. One of the major issues with vitamin C is stability. Thus selecting a right formulation is important. Your dermatologist may help you to arrive at the correct formulation for your skin. Skin that feel too dry and those that are prone to acne may not be ideal for vitamin c application.
- Retinol based night cream: the basic step of anti-aging includes regular use of retinol based cream. Retinol creams work to improve fine lines and early signs of aging such as enlarged open pores and sagging. Many products by different pharmaceutical companies, containing retinol in different strengths, combinations and formulations are available for customer use. Selecting a product to suit your skin type is the key to achieve desired results. Regular usage for 3-6 months has shown to reverse early signs of aging. Very dry skin type may not tolerate retinol well. Caution has to be excised in such skin type.
- Vitamin E Serum: Serums with vitamin E are deeply moisturizing and nourishing. Dry to very dry skin type require intense moisturizing and hydration. Damaged skin due to excessive peeling and skin treatments also benefit from vitamin E serum usage.
Following the correct skin care is essential for getting a flawless and smooth skin. The primary step in doing so is understanding your skin type and need. At Meraki skin clinic, the experts help you in achieving the same.
Now no need to search for answers online anymore, We have got you covered! Call us at +91-8448407278 for online consultation with Expert at Meraki and get the solution of all your skin and hair concerns.